LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tree column element size

How many visible columns can the tree element have?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,850 Views)

How many do you need?

I could expand it to 60 before I got bored. I don't know the exact number, but I would suspect that it lies somewhere between your Computer giving up and 4294967296 (since that is the maximum of the U32 "Number of Columns" Property).

Remember Cunningham's Law
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,828 Views)

This tends to be the kind of question where you should stop and rethink what you're doing. Asking what the limit is on a UI element of any kind often means that you're trying to use a UI element to do something it's not meant to do. If you explain what you actually want to do, people might be able to suggest better ways.

(3,807 Views)
Thanks for you comments,but its important to know how many columns the tree has. I display values in the tree to analyze. The Tree element is exact the right one, and it works fine. The problem is that same new idee are around. They want to show around 20'000 values and I don't know if it is possible to print in a tree.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,784 Views)

Hi Urs,

I still wonder:

Do you really want to display 20,000 columns? do you have some kind of weird monitor for that, because I can't imagine that ever looking good... Do you maybe want 20,000 rows?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,771 Views)
Exact it's a tool to monitor measurement values. I know that this are to many values for a tree. It's not the single the interesting value, we want to look on a trend.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,669 Views)

Yes, but again, I don't see this ever looking good:

Tree.png

If the numbers in this example are floating point values instead of integers, you would need a severe case of savantism to read anything from those values....
However, it seems to be possible to have 20.000 columns

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,648 Views)

If you want to show a trend, why not use a graph?

Even if you do want to use a tree, using many columns doesn't seem to make much sense. A tree shows a hierarchy and each column represents a layer in that hierarchy.

(3,582 Views)