LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transforming array elements into sequence of elements

Hello,

I am working on a project that consists of generating a waveform( sine, triangle or square)  (1), comparing it with a constant value which it will generate a square signal (2) and then send to a digital output (3). I am a newcomer to the Labview language and it`s usage, with that said I am facing a problem between steps (2) and (3) which is using arrays. I am using Digilent`s Analog Discovery 2 with its library and I will be attaching both vi and the images to make easier understanding the problem. So, it is possible to vizualize the comparison block, which gives me the square wave, then it is converted to a boolean array. This data goes to the write block where it will be available at the digital output pin. But, the values of the x digital ouput pin (x can be 0-15) are the corresponding x array`s column value of the array which won`t work since the square wave is given with hundreds of columns with constant values. Finally, it is possible to convert all these diferent columns elements into one single column, like a sequence, so that I can have the same square wave as the generated before? Is there another way of resolving these problems? English is not my main language so it will likely have some grammar issues.

Thanks for reading. 

Yugets_1-1583348858322.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,831 Views)

Hi Yugets,

@Yugets wrote:

I am a newcomer to the Labview language and it`s usage,

Finally, it is possible to convert all these diferent columns elements into one single column, like a sequence, so that I can have the same square wave as the generated before?

So you want to build an array from smaller "subarrays"? Then you should use the BuildArray function…

General advice:

When you are new to LabVIEW you should take the Training resources offered in the header of the LabVIEW board. And you should split your problems into smaller sub-problems and try to solve them individually. The "build an array"-problem can easily be tested and explored with a simple small VI made just for testing purposes…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,753 Views)