From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transformer Modelling

Hi,

I'm modelling a three phase step up transformer (two windings). 900MVA, 20kV - 230kV. Do anyone ever model it before in LabVIEW?

Thanks

Ridhwan Ali

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,150 Views)

Model it how?

LabVIEW is a programming language, not a circuit simulation tool.  Perhaps you want Multisim?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,137 Views)

actually Im using labview to model a system in Matlab. Perhaps through an equations where I could input the parameters of the transformer and obtain the results.

btw, how is Multism works? Do I design the model there and call it in LabVIEW?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,126 Views)

Ravens, LabVIEW is a programming language THAT allow you model dynamic systems. The Control Design and Simulation Module allow you to express general nonlinear equations into LabVIEW based on "block diagram" language used by control engineers. This is simular to other packages we have out there, like MatrixX or System Build (also a National Instruments) product. Please browse at the shipping examples existent in the module to see what capabilities you can have by using this product.

The main difference is that you will have to define the equation that needs to be modelled and express that in the "block diagram" language. Due to the highly advance math available in LabVIEW, you can easily express the examples graphically or in textual equations, but use of another module called MathScript RT Module.

MultiSim is also another option since they allow you to express the equations based on electrical components, which can easily be done for a transformer. They also have libraries available with predefined models that you just need to change the parameters of the system.

Hope this helps to clarify LV capabilities.

Barp - Control, Simulation, RTT and HIL - National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,097 Views)

so, im wondering if i design the transmission lines in MultiSim, could I then connect it to the systems that I build  in LabVIEW?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,046 Views)