From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking / Classification / Extracting Objects Trajectory Data Points

Thanks to All for your Positive Responses and Suggestion its been really Helpful to me

The Data Points are Object/Target Angles actually which were Recorded on a specific time and Logged in a Text File. it has Multiple Objects Trajectories and also contain False Alarms

I am trying to Track Object Trajectories currently I am trying to implement Single Target Tracking and in Future will Move to Multiple Target Tracking. The Conceptual Block Diagram is Shown Below

mrjunaidkahn_0-1637898005707.png

So far, I tried to Implement it by selecting point on a graph via double click which is starting point and then I tried to Track it by Calculating Distance and associate Points based on Minimum Distance

Capture1.PNG

The 2 lines which I Highlighted in above figure are 2 Objects Trajectories which cross each other Multiple times. I am trying to Separate and also extract true path of these trajectories from each other.

I have improved my Previous Version of Code and remove the bugs hopefully I will succeed soon.

Thanks to all and Looking forward Positive Response from you

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(371 Views)

Thanks to All for your Positive Responses and Suggestion its been really Helpful to me

The Data Points are Object/Target Angles actually which were Recorded on a specific time and Logged in a Text File. it has Multiple Objects Trajectories and also contain False Alarms

I am trying to Track Object Trajectories currently I am trying to implement Single Target Tracking and in Future will Move to Multiple Target Tracking. The Conceptual Block Diagram is Shown Below

mrjunaidkahn_0-1637898005707.png

So far, I tried to Implement it by selecting point on a graph via double click which is starting point and then I tried to Track it by Calculating Distance and associate Points based on Minimum Distance

Capture1.PNG

The 2 lines which I Highlighted in above figure are 2 Objects Trajectories which cross each other Multiple times. I am trying to Separate and also extract true path of these trajectories from each other.

I have improved my Previous Version of Code and remove the bugs hopefully I will succeed soon.

Thanks to all and Looking forward Positive Response from you

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(370 Views)

@mrjunaidkahn wrote:

You are limited by geometry.

If you pick those 2 initials datapoints:

alexderjuengere_0-1637934533241.png

using your code, this will separate the raw data well into 2 categories in the range

33700 to 34400, as the trajectories don't overlap.

the data in range 34400 to 34650  can't be separated, as the trajectories overlap, there is no difference, the datapoints are identical for trajectory 1 & 2.

when you tap into a range like this, how should you ever be able to separate again, using only the minimum distance to the next datapoint?

if the initial x,y pairs are identical, their minimum distance to the next datapoint will be identical.

alexderjuengere_1-1637935379634.png

alexderjuengere_2-1637935413328.png

you need another criterium, and you need to check, when to apply this criterium.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(342 Views)

What I would probably do is keep only the sections where the traces really differ (trace A, trace B)  and for each pair of adjacent sections, fit all possible parings of sections to a low order polynomial. If swapping A and B of the second set give an overall better fit, swap, else don't. Repeat for all adjacent sections. At the end, you'll have trace A and B, each following their respective data. Try it!

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(335 Views)