cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Touch Panel Navigation Palette missing in LabVIEW 2009

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I developed an application using LabVIEW 8.6 with the touch panel module and a TPC-2012 (Windows CE). I have now upgraded to LabVIEW 2009 and I am trying to run my code in a TPC-2512 (XP Embedded) but the "Touch Panel Navigation Palette" I used previously is nowhere to be found in the new installation. I see there is a new "Navigation Controls" palette in 2009, but I would like to avoid having to re-design my application with the new controls.

Are the 8.6 navigation controls no longer supported in LabVIEW 2009 or am I missing something? The TPC shows up in the project explorer and MAX, and I am able to deploy and run applications on it. But the navigation for the old vi do not work and like I mentioned before, the palette doesn't even show up when trying to edit the vi on the development machine.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,853 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Henik2

Hello,

The touch panel navigation VIs are not showing up because you are now using the TPC-2512. If you take a look at the Help File on the Navigation VIs, it states: "Installed With: Touch Panel Module. This topic might not match its corresponding palette in LabVIEW depending on your operating system, licensed product(s), and target." I have verified this with both targets in LabVIEW 8.6 and LabVIEW 2009. Because of the different architectures, you are getting a different palette set (Windows CE vs. XP Embedded).

-Zach

Message 2 of 3
(2,826 Views)

Thanks Zach.

I did read the documentation you quoted, but that leaves open the possibility that something else is going on, especially since I upgraded software at the same time I started using the TPC-2512. I just wanted to rule out installation issues before proceeding.

Thank you,

Henik Vargas

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,817 Views)