From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To much data?

Hi everyone,

I’d better start right away… This is my problem this time:

I want to do some analyses with LabView. Analyses on frequency spectra.

I got raw data from some force measurements. It’s a measurement with an high sample frequency so there are a lot data points. Normally the measuring file is an .smr file. But I can also save it as an .txt file. I added a .txt file. The .txt file contains over 210.000 separate measured values.

I found out that this .txt file might be to big to read into LabView. When I cut the measure file into pieces I get the same signal as on the measuring program (which is NOT in LabView). I got the feeling that it eliminates values within between.

I’m using LabView 7.1. Could somebody please have a look at this problem? Just to make sure that I can use the big data txt file, because I’ll have to analyse over 130 of them, so cutting it into pieces is not a good option!

I added a big and small txt file!

Many thanks in advance!

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 16
(2,858 Views)

With the Read From Spreadsheet File function, I can read either file with very little noticeable difference in the time it takes to read.

Message Edited by Dennis Knutson on 01-11-2007 11:29 AM

Message 2 of 16
(2,848 Views)
Oh shit, I added the wrong data files!!!!!!!

Check the same again plz:

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 16
(2,837 Views)

I still don't have any problems. The large one takes about 3 seconds to load on my pc. Exactly what problems are you having?

Message Edited by Dennis Knutson on 01-11-2007 12:37 PM

Message 4 of 16
(2,835 Views)
my problem is that i can't get the graphic you have at the first image...

I get a look a like graphic, but than flattend at the top. So it's a sort of block wave as you wish.

But The first image looks awesome!

but how did you do that?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16
(2,829 Views)
The entire program is what I attached. The graph is just a resized default Waveform Graph. If you want your program fixed, you should attach it so someone can look at it.
Message 6 of 16
(2,823 Views)
That's a thing that i don't iunderstand... My programm has the same beginning... I Attached it, could you please have a look at it? That would be really helpfull!

Many Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16
(2,814 Views)

@MrHond wrote:
I get a look a like graphic, but than flattend at the top. So it's a sort of block wave as you wish.

It looks like you have a problem with localized decimal point (options...front panel). The small files contain a comma as decimal seperator while the large file contains a period, so you might only get the integer part depending on your localization settings.

What country are you in?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16
(2,810 Views)
I'm now in the UK, Oxford Brookes University,

But i'm working on a Dutch laptop, that's where i'm originally from
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16
(2,803 Views)
Hoi Martijn Smiley Happy,

You should use the following formatter:

Have a special look at the %,; it will treat the ',' as the decimal sign!
Have a look here.

Ton

Message Edited by TonP on 01-11-2007 09:16 PM

Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16
(2,790 Views)