cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TipStrip with table

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I try to use tipstrip with table. Sometimes tipstrip doesn't show up on mouse left button click.

LabVIEW 2018

Thanks, Andrey.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 16
(3,364 Views)

Hi Vasilich,

tipstrips usually show when you don't click any mouse button. IMHO they appear when you don't move the mouse when it stays over a control…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 16
(3,346 Views)

@GerdW wrote:

Hi Vasilich,

tipstrips usually show when you don't click any mouse button. IMHO they appear when you don't move the mouse when it stays over a control…

Yes, you are correct. Thanks!

Then the question is how to show hint of particular cell in the table?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 16
(3,322 Views)

Hi vasilich,

you can set the tipstrip using a property node.

And you can use a mouse move event to determine the cell under the mouse pointer to decide which information to show in the tipstrip...

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 16
(3,320 Views)

I do used similar approach - application changes Table Tipstrip property based Mouse Down Event. But it doesn't work well.

Table doesn't have event which connects to its cell.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16
(3,307 Views)

The Mouse Move event has a Coords output when the event fires. Create an Invoke Node on the table and select "Point to Row Column". Feed the Coords output from the Event structure into the Point input in the Feedback node. The output of that node will give you the specific cell over which the mouse is pointing.

table tip strip.png

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 16
(3,298 Views)

MouseMove event is generated based on new X and/or Y pixel but not table cell. That is reasonable for plots.

In anyhow, I think there is not chance to get table cell event ...

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16
(3,293 Views)

I'm not sure what you mean- the code I posted works and generates a new tip strip based on table cells when you move the mouse. Did you try it? The invoke node converts pixel to table cell.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16
(3,290 Views)

I mean that such code generated multiply events per cell (= pixels in cell width/height) instead of 1 event.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16
(3,276 Views)

Hi Vasilich,

I mean that such code generated multiply events per cell (= pixels in cell width/height) instead of 1 event.

And what is the problem now, when it solves your original problem?

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16
(3,271 Views)