From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timing Issue?

Solved!
Go to solution

The attached VI below runs every time a user pushes a button on the front panel. It should run for 5 seconds before coming to a stop. This is only a sub-vi so it won't run if someone here opens it but I'm hoping the solution to my problem will be easy to see for someone with more experience than me.

The vi works perfectly the first time but once the button is pushed a second or third time to run the vi again etc. it doesn't function correctly. I think it's a timing issue where I may not have configured the elapsed time express vi correctly..

I think it might be one of these problems (or it could be something else)...

(1) The exit condition of the While loop stays true after the first successful run of the vi meaning the loop wil terminate straight away on subsequent pushes of the button to run the vi again.

(2) The elapsed time express vi needs to be reset to 0 after each complete execution of the vi.

If someone could have a look it would be great or if more info is needed, just shout.

Strokes

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,154 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Strokes

Look at the Reset terminal on the Elapsed Time Express VI.

Message 2 of 3
(2,140 Views)

Ok so as the default value to the reset terminal is "false", if I change it to "true" it will function as I require..? Only one way to find out I guess... I've changed tactic now anyways and am no using loop iterations to terminate the loop but thanks for the response.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,135 Views)