From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timestamp TDMS

Solved!
Go to solution

I have added a timestamp to my TDMS file in the following wayUntitled.jpg

So basically, I'm inserting the time as a timestamp in Data->Time

When I try to read it, I get an error, and it is unable to read it. However, it can read the part below in Data->Inserted Array which are numbers. Any help?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,722 Views)

I cannot debug a picture. Reproduce the problem in a small VI, and attach it.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,717 Views)

Here is the test file of the TDMS file

This VI works for the number, but when I change Sea Water Temp to Time, it ceases to work at all. I can not get data any way at all.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,695 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author abasitparker

The problem is that you do not understand how to use the TDMS functions. If you want to read out the Time channel from the TDMS file, specify "Time" for the Channel name, and NOT "Sea water temp"!

edit: sorry, you wrote you changed the name to "Time". So the problem was the data type, see below:

Besides, if you want to read the Time stamps, you need to specify Time stamp data type, also for the indicator, not Waveform data type!

edit: and do not forget to Close the TDMS reference...

Edit2: I can just read the file without any problem:

tdms1.png

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,693 Views)

This was just a sample, I did try with time. It still gave me an error. Here's the version for time 🙂

When I do it without changing the data type, I get an error. When I do it with the data type, it tells me the polymorphic terminal can not accept the datatype

Though yeah, I don't really understand TDMS functions as much as I should. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,686 Views)

Just saw the edit. Thanks. 

Got it, my error was in not changing the time stamp constant to error. THANK YOU SO MUCH 😄

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,682 Views)