From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timeout error

Solved!
Go to solution

Dear users,

I am having similar troubles as others with timeout error -1073807339. First I want to say that I have reviewed solutions for this in https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z0000019L3mSAE&l=nl-NL, and I have installed all the drivers I could find applicable for this.

drivers.JPG

Now the equipment I am using is TDK-Lambda GEN 57 750W power supply, and the instrument driver I am using is TDK-Lambda G series.
I have explored and I see the error happening here:
ERROR 0.JPGeRROR.JPG
So the error happens at VISA read. 
I have done serial port loopback and it works, I have checked the address and baudrate of the instrument and setup in labView. The address is 6 and baudrate is 9600. I have also sent manual commands through PuTTy to check if the tool responds, and I could control the power supply. At this point, I cannot imagine what else do I have to check, so I am wondering if the driver is correct even?

Any input is appreciated, maybe something else I should/could check?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,259 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Atizss

Okay, so I have fixed this particular error, and I will provide a solution here, in case someone else runs into this problem. In the example sketch it failed in "initialize" field. What has to be done is Ctrl+click on "initialize" block, and configure the blocks provided. What I did not realize, and what was not documented, was that they have to be changed according to the interface you are using. In my case it was serial interface, and my port configurations came from the power supply's datasheet. I do not know what are VISA default settings. The tool for configuring these "loaded settings" is NI Measurement & Automation explorer (for Windows). Below the pictures are added, since they speak more than words.
configuration.JPG

Load settings.JPG

Message 2 of 5
(4,233 Views)

That sounds like a poorly written driver.

What happens when you need to use this on another PC?  You'll have the same problem and need to modify the settings again.

The correct solution is to use a VISA Serial Configure subVI write before the first subVI from this driver kit.

Message 3 of 5
(4,214 Views)

Hello Atizss,

+1 for RavenFan's posting. I have not looked into that driver, but deducing from your postings the VISA Configure Serial Port vi is missing. It allows to do the settings you MAX panel shows among others.

Ingo – LabVIEW 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, NXG 2.0, 2.1, 3.0
CLADMSD
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,181 Views)

VISA port is configured properly as required before first subVI

Screenshot_1.png

Message 5 of 5
(4,172 Views)