LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timeout TCP read for 1 byte

Hi,

I'm trying to send simple ASCII strings to a Votsch oven. 

I can use hyperterm to send a string, and I get back the correct string, as I would expect. 

Using the TCP read/write functions in LabVIEW I can't get the same results. My VI goes TCP <open connection> <write> <read> <close connection>.

It runs without errors when I read 0 bytes but anything else and I get a timeout error 56 even for a 2 minute timeout... This happens for all modes.

Does anyone know why this might be happening?

Many thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,140 Views)

Could you post your TCP LabVIEW code?  It would be nice to reference it to get a more specific fix.

If your question is just a TCP LabVIEW issue, then check out this white paper for information on using the functions in LabVIEW.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If someone helped you out, please select their post as the solution and/or give them Kudos!
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,130 Views)

Thanks for the reply.

I was being thick, didnt put a termination character so the oven never sent a strong back, I managed it by holding Alt and pressing 0,1,3 to type a carriage return instead of literally typing "<CR>".

I'm now having the problem that I can send command strings and read nominal and real data from the oven, but I can't set the nominal values. It doesnt work in hyperterm either so I dont think its a LabVIEW problem really. 

Thanks anyway

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,112 Views)