LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

very old labview version

Hi,

I want to open a labview project which was developed with Labview 5.

What is the latest LabView version that can open Labview 5 files? I tried 12 but I received an error message and couldn't open the files.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,551 Views)

You can post your code to Version Conversion forum, and someone there will definitely help you out.

I am not allergic to Kudos, in fact I love Kudos.

Make your LabVIEW experience more CONVENIENT.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,532 Views)

Unfortunately, I dont have access to the code because I cannot open the source file which was developed in LabView 5. Opening the source file fails with the error messge "Version to old".

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,529 Views)

By saying: "you can post your code", I meant that, if you can attach the source code (LabVIEW VIs, project or whatever).

I am not allergic to Kudos, in fact I love Kudos.

Make your LabVIEW experience more CONVENIENT.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,522 Views)

Files made with LabVIEW 5.0 can be opened with versions ranging from 5.0 to 8.2.  It can be re-saved for version 8.2, which can then also be opened with any newer version of LabVIEW (8.5 to 2012).

chart.JPG

See here for more details and a chart on the version compatibility.

To just get a single file or set of files converted, you can attach them to the Version Conversion forum.  In this part of the forum, users with multiple versions of LabVIEW will upgrade as necessary to your desired specifications.  Be sure to follow the rules before posting!

*Note:  You don't need to open this VI yourself to have it be converted.  Just attach it to your post in the Version Conversion forum like so:

attatch.JPG

After the friendly user with multiple versions downloads it and re-saves it for your newer version, they will also attach it to their next reply so that you can download it and use it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If someone helped you out, please select their post as the solution and/or give them Kudos!
Message 5 of 7
(2,513 Views)

You have two options here.

1. Zip up your project and post it in the Version Conversion Board
  2. Download LabVIEW 8.2.1 and mass compile your project in 8.2.1.

Once your code is in 8.2.1, you can open it in any newer version of LabVIEW.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 6 of 7
(2,488 Views)

Thank you! I will post my old project in the forum or see if I have access to version 8.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,478 Views)