From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timed loop

Hi to all. I have a question about configured timed loops. In this picture all is understood. It will drop frames if I push the "Slow" button. But what about "Process all periods, maintain ordinal phase" option? How long can I hold the button and when I drop it, the thread can comeback to ordinal phase and don't lose any frame? Thank you.

FL.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,011 Views)

In timed loop, do not use GUI item.

Use a second process to capture and show GUI information.

Use functional global to exchange information between the two loop.

Benoit

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,958 Views)

@0Forest0 wrote:

How long can I hold the button and when I drop it, the thread can comeback to ordinal phase and don't lose any frame? Thank you.

My guess would be infinitely.

My guess would be the last processed time is kept as internal state, and when beginning a loop cycle, this last processed time is evaluated against the current time. This instead of actual events that are fired and buffered in memory.

Easy to check, by making a timed loop that runs fast and doesn't make it's cycle time. If memory is increasing, the design is different. In that case, the sustainable time would be memory constrained. I run this for a while, and didn't see any memory increase...

Message 3 of 3
(1,937 Views)