LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timed loop

Hi everybody,

I used the timed loop and created the multiplication. But result of multiplication cannot be seen in front panel. I added the code. What is the reason? Also, I am trying that timed loop is run for different time(for example 10s or 60s). How can I do it?

timed loop.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,913 Views)

HI 1085,

what is the purpose of the timed while loop (TWL) here? Why not use a simple while loop with a wait statement inside?

What is the reason?

You misconfigured the loop!? Next time please attach a snippet or the VI…

Also, I am trying that timed loop is run for different time(for example 10s or 60s). How can I do it?

By reading the help for the TWL you should know the answer to that question! Did you read the help?

What do you want to achieve by setting dt to zero?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,893 Views)

Thank you for reply.  Which parameter is incorrect?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,886 Views)

Hi 1085,

did you read my comment "Next time please attach a VI…"?

I recreated your VI and I suspect you should NOT wire anything into the clock source property…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,878 Views)

@1085 wrote:

How many parameters did you wire?  Have you read the Help for the Timed Loop?  Do you understand what each parameter does?  [You clearly do not ...].  Do a little of your own (home)-work, please.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,867 Views)

@1085 wrote:

Read the help here: http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361M-01/glang/timed_loop/#InputNode

PeriodSpecifies a period for the Timed Loop in the same units as the timing source specified by Source Name.
Note: Do not set the period of a Timed Loop to 0. National Instruments does not support applications that contain Timed Loops with periods of 0 because these periods cause undefined application behavior. If you need a loop that runs as fast as possible combined with the priority execution features of a Timed Loop, use a While Loop inside a Timed Sequence structure instead.
Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,847 Views)