cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timed data collection

Solved!
Go to solution

Good afternoon,

I have to preface this with, I don't do a lot of LabVIEW programming, mainly update and tweak existing programs that were already built. I have a VI that I'm collecting vibration data with at set hr increments. My issue is that say I set the program to collect 10 sec every hr. Well it will collect 10 sec of data that first hr, but every hr after that it will only record about 1 sec of data. This also happens if you try to collect data manually. If I press the button to collect data the first time I get 10 sec of data. Any subsequent button press will only give me the 1 sec of data. The only way for me to get the 10 sec of data as of right not is to stop and start the VI every time. Any suggestions would be appreciated. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,842 Views)

Hi jtc,

Well it will collect 10 sec of data that first hr, but every hr after that it will only record about 1 sec of data.

You need to reset your ElapsedTime ExpressVIs when you start a new measurement (aka your 10s interval)!

Notes:

- it's a bad idea to change the label of a property node. You lose the connection between the property node and it's control/terminal, atleast by the label!

- it's overly complicated to use "value (signalling)" properties to switch a button, when you don't use an event structure.

- it's overly complicated to use property nodes at all: use a wire (or locals) instead!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 6
(2,831 Views)

Thanks! I will try that out and also take your notes into consideration to make the VI better. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,783 Views)

I have my ElapsedTime Express VIs set to Automatically reset after time target, but I'm still having the same problem. I must be missing something...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,760 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jtc31909

Hi jtc,

I have my ElapsedTime Express VIs set to Automatically reset after time target

I wrote: "You need to reset your ElapsedTime ExpressVIs when you start a new measurement". That might be different…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 5 of 6
(2,745 Views)

Hi Gerd,

I was able to reset my Elapsed Time VI by using a feedback node. Thanks for your help. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,701 Views)