LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time stamp problem in CITADEL

Hello Everyone,

I have one SCADA system running with CITADEL as database environment.. last day due to SMPS fail inside CPU, my whole system went shutdown.. After restart, my time stamp was changed, may be due to weak motherboard battery ... I restarted my LabVIEW based application for data acqusition and storage .. 

This effected the data storage going through that computer .. My system time went to 04/05/1640.. And inside MAX > Historical Database > CITADEL the all tag was having start day as "04/05/1640" and last date as "unable to find" .. Then i corrected my system date/time and restarted application and tag engine.. but my time stamp is still same in CITADEL

This is creating problem in exporting my data in DIAdem format .. I am afraid do my all last data recorded before went off ?

1) How to check CITADEL data in some other computer without pulling data out from citadel interface? .. I mean to ask is there any way to copy data from computer and read it in other computer having MAX and CITADEL ..

2) How to recover all recorded data, as my export is giving no data inside tag ?

Thanks for any help

HS

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,657 Views)

I had a similar thing happen and I tried all manner of MAX archive and export to text but was not able to recover the data once my timestamps became corrupted.

I posted this awhile back...

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Cannot-purge-bad-data-from-Citadel/m-p/1145027

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,616 Views)

To recover the old database, One thing we can do is rebuild the index for the old database. We do this by going into MAX and right clicking the old database and selecting detach. After it is detached, navigate to the database on your hard drive and delete the pid.cdih file. Then, go back to MAX and attach the database back into citadel. When reattached without the index file, it will rebuild the index for your database. This may take a bit, but might recover your data.

Or You could go to another PC and try to get into the database. The problem could be on your PC and not the database PC. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,608 Views)

Would it be possible for NI to create a tool to analyze the integrity of a Citadel DB?  And offer some intelligent tools to remedy issues found such as

inconsistant timestamps.  I am surprised that the Citadel DB does not have better mechanisms to protect itself against such obvious faults such as

wildly invalid timestamps.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,598 Views)