From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time Stamp Error: Cannot display system date and time. My VI display "YYYY-MM-DD" instead of "2014-08-02".

Hi All,

I am using Labview8.5 and Windows XP OS.

My Problem is my Labview TimeStamp cannot display current system date and time.

Please see my attachment for the screentshot.

The TimeStamp or ever Format Date/Time String display "YYYY-MM-DD" instead of  "2014-08-02".

I tried other computer machine and it works. There are some computer machine has this problem.

How can I resolve this issue? Please advice. Thanks.

Time Stamp error.JPG

Best Thanks,

Jessie

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(2,749 Views)

You can try to repair/reinstall LabVIEW.

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(2,730 Views)

Have you tried 'Get Date/Time In Seconds'?

Are you able to read the time using this?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kudos are always welcome if you got solution to some extent.

I need my difficulties because they are necessary to enjoy my success.
--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(2,717 Views)

I swear someone just had this same exact issue just a little while back... I think maybe Jeff B. answered it?  Drat, can't remember.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(2,673 Views)

@Dennis_Knutson wrote:
http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Cannot-get-system-date-My-input-format-is-Y-m-d-and-the-output/m-p/2...

Thanks, Dennis!  Do you think it might be a time zone issue?  It seems to be a standard Windows time zone, though...

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,629 Views)

Bill,

reviewing the thread Dennis linked (thanks for that) reveals that it is the same account which opened this thread here three month later.

What bothers me is the fact, that the past thread is marked "solved" even though it obviously isn't. Or the OP is trolling us.....

Nevertheless, it seems like systematic error. Connected to specific machines.

What makes the machines where the time stamp issue occurs "unique"? If there are several, is that source really "unique"?

Most obvious reasons would be:

- Language settings (possibly the infamous "dot-comma-issue")

- Time zone settings (e.g. what happens if you switch Ulaanbaatar to Perth or maybe even some US time zone?)

- Missing hotfixes for Win and LV

- Is the system running as virtual machine vs. "native"?

Not so obvious differences:

- Specific CPU type

- Motherboard/BIOS

- LV ini settings

There are tons of other possible reasons (e.g. corrupt LV installation), but these are the ones i came up with within a couple of minutes....

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
Message 7 of 9
(2,610 Views)

LOL, so I was right - it was the EXACT same issue.  Yeah, wonder why it was marked as "solved", and why the poster did not reference the old thread?

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,597 Views)

Again "<%c>" (A container of formatted time information) would be the prefered local specific date and time format string  "<%x>" would be the local specific date.

Use scan into string instead

Windows is corrupt on that machine.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,590 Views)