LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The structure of binary waveform file saved via OWON Oscilloscope PC Suite

I am using OWON TDS8204 oscilloscope together with software Oscilloscope PC Suite for TDS series that I got from the official site.

This software allows to automatically save the current waveform in bin format. The problem arises when I try to parse the resulting file.

Through tries and errors I have realised that data (i.e. points of the waveform) usually (but not always) starts with 279th bit and is 8-bit integer. But values of amplitudes are different from the real values (or those that I get if I save the waveform in csv or txt format): they seem being multiplied by a factor of 2.5 . But I cannot be absolutely sure about this. More over, I suspect that before the data (i.e. the first 278 bits) there is some setup info which is very useful and sometimes is necessary information.

I would appreciate any help with my problem. Examples of saved forms are applied. I cannot attach bin file for some reason.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,830 Views)

Hi LRDPRDX,

can't you attach ZIP files?

And can't you ask those, who sold you that software, for a manual?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,807 Views)

First of all, I wrote to email address from the official site. I have no answer yet. Secondly, here is zip file with saved waveform in three available formats.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,801 Views)

Hi LDX,

the data is stored as bytes starting from byte 278 (first byte = index 0). The last byte in the file is a LineFeed and should be discarded.

The value of the bytes is calculated as float value := 0.4*byte value+53.2 (for whatever reason)…

The content of the first 278 bytes is to be discussed with the manufacturer of your software.

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,796 Views)