LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The full development version of Labview is required to fix the errors

Great addition, ColeR, I just forgot above about .net...

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 31
(5,097 Views)

Well the .NET idea is interesting. I'm not using any .NET functions or containers.

Perhaps I'll get him to disable his firewall and install the .NET framework on his PC.

He is using windows XP SP3.

Thanks for the help people but it looks like I'm going to have to delve deeply into his PC confiuration to resolve this.

Cheers,

Paul. 

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 31
(5,072 Views)

Try "mass compiling" (which physically opens and closes VIs in a directory versus "recompiling" the binary of VIs in memory): 
Tools >> Advanced >> Mass Compile

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/654877E62A97B72986256C95006F9B24

"Mass compiling simply opens VIs up and closes them in an automated fashion. This has a couple of benefits:

• It checks the existence of the subVI's and relinks the subVIs to the main VI. This speeds the loading of VIs because LabVIEW does not have to search for VIs.
  • It updates VIs to that version of LabVIEW. This removes the pop up messages for saving system VIs the user may see when they close LabVIEW.
  • It reports VIs that have corruption which prevents them from loading. If such VIs are found, they can be restored from a backup.

If you would like to recompile the binary of the VIs in memory, press <Ctrl-Shift> and the run arrow of the main VI. While it is typical for nothing to happen after binary recompiling the VIs in memory, this can frequently fix/isolate many errors. "

Certified LabVIEW Architect
TestScript: Free Python/LabVIEW Connector

One global to rule them all,
One double-click to find them,
One interface to bring them all
and in the panel bind them.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 31
(5,065 Views)

Paul,

If your application is really small, and not "highly commercial top-secret", then just post it here. We will try to run it, and you will get more suggestions why it happened.

Also you can post here screenshot of hierarchy, then we will see which toolkits/SubVIs was used and where you can get potential problems.

regards,

Andrey.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 31
(5,053 Views)

Have you solved this problem?

I saw the exactly same error message.....

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 31
(4,924 Views)

Hi,

I had the same problem and I was using .NET objects in my code. A quick look into LabVIEW help files and I found "Note  Creating and communicating with .NET objects requires the .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 or later. National Instruments strongly recommends that you always put VIs that use .NET objects in a LabVIEW project and not leave them as stand-alone VIs."

Looked into the PC where the application gave the error "This VI is not executable. The full development version of LabVIEW is required to fix the

errors" and of course no .NET framework there. Installed the NET Framework 1.1 and .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1, rebooted the PC and voila it works 🐵

Message 16 of 31
(4,854 Views)
I am receiving this same error.  I am using LabVIEW 8.2 to create the execution file.  The computer without LabVIEW has .NET 2.0.  I have tried to create an installer and add the required dll files.  My USB-6008 is active telling me the installer worked correctly.  My program uses the DAQ assistant.  This has many depentant vi's.  Do they all need to be added as support files?
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 31
(4,581 Views)

Hi All,

Sorry I didn't report back earlier. This is going backa  while now but I finally narrowed the problem down to a classic list box. I found that installing .NET 3.5 fixed the problem.

Thanks for all your help.

Cheers,

Ash.

Message 18 of 31
(4,553 Views)

Miked1227 wrote:
I am receiving this same error.  I am using LabVIEW 8.2 to create the execution file.  The computer without LabVIEW has .NET 2.0.  I have tried to create an installer and add the required dll files.  My USB-6008 is active telling me the installer worked correctly.  My program uses the DAQ assistant.  This has many depentant vi's.  Do they all need to be added as support files?

A LabVIEW application will report this error if it can't find any of the components it requires to run. This includes dlls, .Net, the runtime engines or even dynamically called VIs. I would make sure that all of your paths are correct, that you have installed all of the necessary components in their correct locations and that all the runtime engines are installed. This error message is the default message when a LabVIEW applications effectively ends up with a broken arrow.

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
Message 19 of 31
(4,532 Views)
I am having a similar issue. I get the same error message when trying to run the executable - even on the development machine. I have tried recompiling, mass compiling, and upgrading to MS .Net 4.0 without success. I have never seen this before. My application does include Counter and Analog I/O as well as serial port communication. Any more ideas?
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 31
(4,437 Views)