From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The first step with Multiplexer

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello Every Body,

This is the first time, that we will use Multiplexer und we do not know what we  can doing.  I have a  Practical training in the University and we should use Multiplexer with labveiw 2012

Descrption:

-  in this Projekt we have a Programm, this programm for a signal measure and this programm worked very will. Our part in this Projekt, we will expand this Programm, that we will use multiplexer with 20 Input and one output.

- We will conenct 20 devices in one Laptop to measure the 20 devices ( Signales) parallel. the time between each Signal in the output side should be 5 ms.

my question is: What we can doning at first after the 20-Devices connection? we should  install the driver? Which function have stupid question to write? should we write function as RS232"Write funktion, read, open serial...etc.. " or we do not need that with Multiplexer? I know, that It is a stupid question, but sorry we do not know what we can doing and as i say it is the first practical training.

Thank you very much

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(2,879 Views)
The first thing you need to do is provide details on this multiplexer. Make and model, connection type to the pc, etc.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(2,871 Views)

How can I program the multiplexer? Which Function will i need it to  program the Muliplexer for input and output the Signal maybe they can help me?  

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(2,858 Views)

I have no idea how you can program this completely unknown device. You HAVE to provide the asked for details if you want your question answered.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(2,856 Views)

Hi,

Our Multiplexer is  The USB-ERB 24 .. http://www.mccdaq.com/usb-data-acquisition/USB-ERB24.aspx..

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(2,853 Views)

You will need to download the driver (mcc daq cd) from the mcc site. I have no idea if there is an example for this device included with the driver. That is a question for mcc technical support if you cannot find something yourself. It would appear that the device is programmed with digital I/O functions.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,849 Views)

Thank you very much for your help 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,843 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author nichts

Hello ,

I use a multiplexer to connect several devices to measure values. I use the multiplexer "USB-ERB-24", so I can measure 24 device in  the same time. I have already ordered the multiplexer, but until now it is not received .. So I was thinking to prepare the software.
My question here is, I programmed the multiplexer blindly and would like that you checked my program, if it is right :smileyhappy:

In the picture you can see that I used "wait" and "timing" funktion becuase the release time should be probably 50 ms .. It means that the data is read from a device, and after 50 ms have to read the data from the next connected device..etc? Here I did not  set a fixed value for the release time  ... maybe I have a mistake and that my multiplexer will doing the release time  automatically because in the  Datenscheet stand that the release time is 50 ms?I donot know if the  the mux doing that automatically an i donot need to  use here "Wait" or "timing" function? 

The second part of the Programm is:I will not use only a one multiplexer but two multiplexers. So I can measure 47 instead of 24 device . So in the last relay (nr. 24 Input) of the multiplexer1 will I connect the second  multiplexer . therefor  it was necessary to extend my program .. See picture 2 in ULX "write.vi" I joined towards smaller feature .. So it will be tested by data on how much device are connected, in other words, it has checked by the creation of the array which values are True (True value = device connected) and the true values will be in a new array added , after generating the new array, it  will determined the array size( the new array size) , if the array size = 24==>  the second mutiplexcer is connected, and the waiting time (Releas time = 24 * release time waiting) .Is it correct, that i am doing the extension in "Data write"?   Do you think until now is everything is ok, or not?
Thank you for your help :smileyhappy: 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,782 Views)

Hi there! 

I wanted to find out if the vi in the photos worked out for your multiplexer. I am actually midway in my project and need help with my multiplexer and its coming but I wanted to have a ready vi to test it out once it comes. 

Would you mind sharing your vi file?

Thank you in advance!

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(1,962 Views)