LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The call library function require us to define the type of parameter that w are using.The type of parameter in cludes numeric, array, string,waveform and adapt to type.I would like to know more about waveform and adapt to type.

In the labview manual, there is very little mention about the use of waveform.How is this waveform being called and can i have an example to see how this work.
Also in the adapt to type paramete, what does this parameter do and in what circumstances do we need to use it.The manual say something about the use of this parametr.It says that scalar elements in arrays or clusters are in line.For example a cluster containing anumeric is passed as pointer to a structure containing a numeric. What does this statement mean?
Can i imply t
hat if my input is a struct, can i use a adapt to type parameter to overcome this incompatibility?Can i also have an example to let me have a better idea.thank you
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,307 Views)
I'm going to share my experience with the "Adapt to Type" parameter.

Attached to this message is an example. The attachment is a zip file with three files: a dll, a c file and a vi written in LabVIEW 6. The dll contains a function that return a structure with 3 values (like the coordinates of a point in space, that is, (x, y, z)). You can see how the function was constructed by looking at the c file.

In LabVIEW, I created a cluster with the same three parameters. Then, I configured the call library function following the function prototype as in the c file. For the point variable I use "Adapt to Type".

I hope this can give you a head star.

Best regards;
E. Vargas
www.vartortech.com
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,307 Views)