From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the best method for controlling a data switch of 20x20 ports, with local and remote requests?

I'm using booleon control boxes for 'source' ports - to be connected to 'customers' ports. Am not sure of choosing between arrays, clusters, case, etc.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,327 Views)
Ports usually require an 8bit integer value. If you want to control them using booleans, it is usually easiest to use an array of Boolean and use the "Boolean Array to Number.VI".
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,327 Views)
Thanks, however, I simply meant my boolean 'ports' to mean a 'yes/no' control box of a 'data source', which, when selected, would signify a 'source' that could then be connected to a 'customer' port or 'receiving box'. Perhaps instead of port, I should have said input/output box.
My main question is simply about a data switch matrix of 20 inputs and 20 outputs. Should I attempt to manage the switching of data lines via cases, for loops, sequence, or what! I believe I will need to set up arrays, but controlling the matrix is ???. Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,327 Views)