LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tektronix Scope input to LabVIEW

Hey,

I'm using a Tektronix MSO 5204 Mixed Signal Oscilloscope as input to my LabVIEW system.  I have the vi setup in such a way that the scope does all the triggering, then the vi reads off the desired waveform.  However, if I have a low trigger rate, LabVIEW acquires information from the scope too quickly, and so it ends up reading the same waveform more than once (which skews averaging calculations).  Is there anything I can do to ensure that LabVIEW updates only when a new trigger comes into the scope?

Thanks,

Ben

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,389 Views)

Ben,

The help for the Read VI says it will wait for the acquisition or will generate a timeout error.  I suggest that you check for the timeout error and skip the processing and analysis when it occurs.

Also I do not see that you are closing the session after the VI ends. It is usually a good idea to restore the instrument to a known state and to release the remote control when your program ends. Look at the VI Tree.vi in the Tek 7000 series driver for the available VIs to perform these functions.

Lynn 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,384 Views)