From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tektronix Logic Analyzer Labview Driver problem

I was happy to find a Labview driver for my TLA5201 Logic Analyzer. However after unpacking it and opening for instance the "basic configuration example" VI the following error appears in the front panel of the VI:

Error 1172

The file or assembly name TlaNetInterfaces or one of its dependencies cannot be found
According to Labview this is a .NET problem

I however did add the references of mscorlib.dll (in the Microsoft .NET directory) and TlaNetInterfaces (in the TLA 700 directory) as required (using Tools -> Advanced -> .NET assembly). I had the same error when running Labview on the Logic Analyzer and when running it on a remote PC on the same network

Does this have to do with the fact that my TlaNetInterfaces has a version of 4.4.75, while 4.4.24 is expected, or is it another problem?

Thanks,

Fabian
Message 1 of 8
(4,171 Views)
Update: placing the .net assembly in the same folder as the VI of the TLA driver that uses it, does not solve the problem. Error 1172 remains, only this time with the message: Non-static method requires a target.
Message 2 of 8
(4,160 Views)
For some bizarre reason, when reinstalling Labview, the error disappears. Sorry I bothered.
Message 3 of 8
(4,153 Views)
Hi,

I want to use the Tektronix drivers with a TLA5202.

Unfortunately, I have the same problem as described above:

TKTLA Initialize.vi
  Virtual Instrument
    - LabVIEW does not have references to the following .NET assemblies used by this VI:
    TlaNetInterfaces, Version=4.4.24.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
  Please add references to those assemblies by selecting "Tools>>Advanced>>.NET Assembly References" before editing the VI.

I have added a reference to this assembly. However, the version delivered with the Tektronix Drivers download (4.4.75.0) does not comply with the requested version.

Re-installing labview is not an option. Is there no other solution to this?

I use LabView 7.1 on WinXP.
Message 4 of 8
(3,932 Views)
I also encountered this problem, who can give me answer? I 'm using LabVIEW 7.1 and tla7016. thank you !!
Message 5 of 8
(3,862 Views)

Just got this same issue.  TLA 5202.  Trying to use the TLA5000 ethernet driver initialization VI with the address:

tcp://10.50.1.30:9000/TlaSystem

This is following the example use of this VI

Any help?  THANKS 🙂

Forrest

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,765 Views)

Mine is slightly different:

Error calling method System.Activator.GetObject, (System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
    Inner Exception: System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: type
) in Tektronix TLA Series.lvlib:Initialize.vi->Tektronix TLA Series Basic Configuration.vi

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,751 Views)

hi,

I am trapped in the same problem.

Is there any good news about it?

Thank you very much!

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,675 Views)