LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tektronix AFG3k Getting Started Error

hello one and all,

i have a Tektronix AFG3252 2-channel 240 MHz signal generator on loan.  last night i tried to get labview to work for it.  i had v7 but upgraded to v7.1 on my computer with IVI and ICP drivers from the installation CD.  the v7.1 was a fresh install because i uninstalled and deleted nearly all traces of labview and ni software from my computer prior to reinstalling v7.1.  i then installed the tkafg3k driver from the ni instrument network for v7.1.  it installed fine.  i then tried to run the "Getting Started.vi" that came with the llb.  sometimes it works great, others, not great at all.  when it doesn't work, it throws back this error:

tkafg3k Configure Standard Waveform.vi<ERR>Driver Status:  (Hex 0xBFFF0015) Timeout expired before operation completed.

Primary Error: (Hex 0xBFFF0015) Timeout expired before operation completed.
Secondary Error: (Hex 0xBFFC0006) Parameter 6 out of range, or error occurred while setting Parameter 6.
Elaboration: Attribute: TKAFG3K_ATTR_PM_ENABLED, Channel: 1

i tried tracing it through the variious layers of VIs but didn't come up with anything concrete and i am not sure what the "Parameter 6 out of range" means or the "TKAFG3K_ATTR_PM_ENABLED".

i am wondering if it is the instrument itself or the driver, or the "GPIB0::5::INSTR", or the IVI that came with v7.1 or what.  any ideas.

lucas
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,772 Views)
Hi slucas,

I remember i had this once with a HP frequency generator, where a limitation of the output voltage was necessary by increasing the offset voltage,
and also in this case it said "parameter x out of range".

So i would recommend you check in highlight mode where this errors are appearing and try to find out the mentioned parameter and find out its
limits by looking under the instruments specifications.

Within LabVIEW then you can set the limits of the parameters control with property nodes!

Hope this helps,
Christian
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,758 Views)
Did you try using a logical name instead of GPIB0::5::INSTR?
What values are you using? 
I ran Getting Started.vi and also have AFG3252 model and couldn't reproduce the issue.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,745 Views)
forgive my ignorance, but what do you mean by logical name?  lucas
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,738 Views)

A "logical name" is only a alias for a IVI session adress, e.g instead of GPIB::INSRT1 you can give a alias like "Waveform_generator"

For more information i would recommend to search within the IVI help or the helo in MAX, hope this helps!

Christian

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,729 Views)