cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fatal Internal Error on startup, "color.cpp", line 663, LabVIEW 8.0

I am running LabVIEW 8.0, and now get the error

Fatal Internal Error : "color.cpp", line 663
LabVIEW version 8.0
You will lose any unsaved work. For assistance in resolving this problem, please relaunch LabVIEW, or contact National Instruments.

when opening any VI, including a blank VI.

I am running Mac OS X 10.3.9
1.33 GHz PowerPC G4
768 MB RAM,
and just installed Quicktime 7.1 update, and some security update.

Anybody know what is happening? LabVIEW does not run at all now

Mark
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,640 Views)
Have installed LV8.0.1 - still same error. "Getting Started" screen appears, but opening any VI from that screen (new blank VI, or previously existing VI) results in the error.
In the lab we have another computer running OSX 10.4.6 and quicktime 7.1 - LV8.0 does not give the error on that machine.

Mark
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,635 Views)
Have updated OS to 10.4.6. Reinstalled LV8.0 several times. still no luck. LV runs until I try to open any sort of VI - then same fatal internal error occurs. This is on a PowerBook G4. Have other computers in my lab running nominally same OS, same quicktime version, etc, and they run LV8.0 with no problem.

On last reinstall, i tried to remove several frameworks, extensions, preferences, etc, but I'm sure I didn't get them all.

Does anyone know if there is an uninstall program?

Thanks, Mark
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,625 Views)
Hi Mark,

I would suggest that you create a service request by going to www.ni.com/ask and call/email National Instruments. We do have a software utility that can help you but it may not be prudent to make it publically available here.

Regards,
Ankita Agarwal
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,621 Views)
I ran into exactly the same problem (with a Mac PowerBook G4 running OS X 10.4.7 and LabVIEW 8.0.1). Deleting the com.ni.labview.plist file (the LabVIEW preferences file) in my preferences directory (~/Library/Preferences) made it go away (at least for now).
Message 5 of 5
(2,566 Views)