LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TekVISA / Application Builder problem

Hi,

I have a application that uses TekVISA to communicate with a Tektronix scope w/ ethernet adapter.

In LabView 5.1 everything was OK, but with LabView 6.0.2 the program does not work after I have built a application (.exe), -however it works fine when I run the program (.vi) in Labview.

What can be wrong?

Software installed: Labview 6.0.2, LV-Runtime 6.0.2, VISA 2.5 and Tekvisa 1.07.

Regards,
-Sigurd A. Bjelkarøy
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,639 Views)
You probably have a VISA conflict between the two versions. As a general rule, you can only have one version of VISA installed. The version of VISA should correspond to the vendor of your GPIB controller so if you have a TekGPIB board then you need TekVISA instead of NI's

Ryan Mosley
National Instruments, Applications Engineer
http://www.ni.com/exchange
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,639 Views)
This is not an answer, but rather a question for Mr. Bjelkarøy:

We also use a Tektronix TDS30xx DPO and want to control it with Labview. I have the TekVISA.dll and the WSTRO software, but I'd rather prefer to go through direct TCP control by Labview. Can you send me your Labview Application to learn from this?

My e-mail address: ciw@ct.heise.de
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,639 Views)
Dear Mr. Windeck,
The current version of TDS3EM ethernet module (1.00) does not support the TCP/IP VISA resource available in NI VISA 2.5, but I've asked Tektronix for this. It has to be used with TekVISA, which in current version (1.07) does not work satisfactory in LabView 6. I solved the problem for now by converting to LabView 5.1 again with TekVISA.

I talk to the oscilloscope by using VISA read and VISA write VIs.

I recommend that also you contact Tektronix and ask for an update of TDS3EM so we can get a proper solution to the problem.

Regards,
-Sigurd A Bjelkarøy
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,639 Views)