LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do I get an error 10612 when trying to readback from a line on an output port of a PCi-6527?

I am configuring the port (Port 3) as all outputs (even though it is not software configurable, I wanted to get a Task ID for it the first time that I use it). I can set the bit OK using a Port Write, but then when I follow that with a Port Read, I get the 10612 error. The manual says you can readback from the port, and the data that I'm getting seems correct, yet I still get that error. Is this normal, or is there a better way to implement this. I'm just getting started on my first project, and these simple things are frustrating.

Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,571 Views)
The 10612 error code that you are receiving is not actually an error but a warning. The NI-DAQ Function Reference Manual for DIG_In_Prt states that if you call this function on an output port that has readback capability, +10612 will be returned along with the state of the output port. Apparently, this information was not included in the LabVIEW On-line Help. Generally, you can ignore this warning.

Regards,
Erin
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,571 Views)