From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Targets and Devices option not visible on right clicking My computer

Solved!
Go to solution

I am using Labview FPGA module for the first time.

I have an NI Pxie-7846R (R-series) module stacked in a Pxie-8880 chassis.
To create an application using an FPGA target, I am following below instructions
(https://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371599P-01/lvfpgahelp/adding_an_fpga_target/#Add_Remote_Tar...)

Adding an FPGA Target in the Local Development Computer
1. Create a new project or open an existing project.

2. Right-click My Computer in the Project Explorer window and select New»Targets and Devices from the shortcut menu to display the Add Targets and Devices dialog box.

I want to add the R-series module to My computer
However I am not able to see "Targets and Devices" option on right-clicking My computer. (It is visible on right clicking Project root).

In Ni Max, under Devices and Interfaces, the 7846R is visible.
Also I am using Labview2018 32 bit with FPGA module and Real-time module,
along with NI R Series Multifunction RIO 18.0.
Which is sufficient for running FPGA for R series as per (https://www.ni.com/en-in/support/documentation/compatibility/09/software-support-for-compactrio--com...)

Please help me adding the FPGA target.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(1,467 Views)

Try to right click on the project name itself right above the My Computer.

My Computer is already a target of its own, your local computer. You want to add a new target, so this is going to appear alongside My Computer, not inside of it.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
Message 2 of 6
(1,432 Views)

Thanks Rolfk,   

However, on right-click on Project, I am not able to see 7846R on the list of either 'Existing targets or devices' or 'New targets or devices'.  In NI Max the 7846R is visible.

What do I need to do, in order to 7846R to appear in Target or devices?

7846R_device_NI_MAX.PNG

Add_Targets_from_project_root.PNG

Add_Targets_New_Devices_from_project_root.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(1,417 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author sumit_01

You need to install the according drivers AFTER you installed LabVIEW, LabVIEW RT and LabVIEW FPGA.

This must be at least NI-RIO in the same or newer version than your LabVIEW version and possibly extra hardware specific support such as FlexRIO and similar drivers.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
Message 4 of 6
(1,411 Views)

Thanks rolfk,

I installed the NI RIO driver after the installation of Labview, Labview RT, Labview FPGA.

Now I am able to add R series under My computer.

showing_R_series.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(1,392 Views)

Hello Rolf/Sumit,

I have the same issue but even after installing the drivers I am unable to see it in the project.  I have LabVIEW 2021 64 bit software.  Does the module only work for 32bit?

Regards,

JT

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(985 Views)