LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Targets and Devices option not visible on right clicking My computer

Solved!
Go to solution

I am using Labview FPGA module for the first time.

I have an NI Pxie-7846R (R-series) module stacked in a Pxie-8880 chassis.
To create an application using an FPGA target, I am following below instructions
(https://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371599P-01/lvfpgahelp/adding_an_fpga_target/#Add_Remote_Tar...)

Adding an FPGA Target in the Local Development Computer
1. Create a new project or open an existing project.

2. Right-click My Computer in the Project Explorer window and select New»Targets and Devices from the shortcut menu to display the Add Targets and Devices dialog box.

I want to add the R-series module to My computer
However I am not able to see "Targets and Devices" option on right-clicking My computer. (It is visible on right clicking Project root).

In Ni Max, under Devices and Interfaces, the 7846R is visible.
Also I am using Labview2018 32 bit with FPGA module and Real-time module,
along with NI R Series Multifunction RIO 18.0.
Which is sufficient for running FPGA for R series as per (https://www.ni.com/en-in/support/documentation/compatibility/09/software-support-for-compactrio--com...)

Please help me adding the FPGA target.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(1,428 Views)

Try to right click on the project name itself right above the My Computer.

My Computer is already a target of its own, your local computer. You want to add a new target, so this is going to appear alongside My Computer, not inside of it.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
Message 2 of 6
(1,393 Views)

Thanks Rolfk,   

However, on right-click on Project, I am not able to see 7846R on the list of either 'Existing targets or devices' or 'New targets or devices'.  In NI Max the 7846R is visible.

What do I need to do, in order to 7846R to appear in Target or devices?

7846R_device_NI_MAX.PNG

Add_Targets_from_project_root.PNG

Add_Targets_New_Devices_from_project_root.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(1,378 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author sumit_01

You need to install the according drivers AFTER you installed LabVIEW, LabVIEW RT and LabVIEW FPGA.

This must be at least NI-RIO in the same or newer version than your LabVIEW version and possibly extra hardware specific support such as FlexRIO and similar drivers.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
Message 4 of 6
(1,372 Views)

Thanks rolfk,

I installed the NI RIO driver after the installation of Labview, Labview RT, Labview FPGA.

Now I am able to add R series under My computer.

showing_R_series.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(1,353 Views)

Hello Rolf/Sumit,

I have the same issue but even after installing the drivers I am unable to see it in the project.  I have LabVIEW 2021 64 bit software.  Does the module only work for 32bit?

Regards,

JT

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(946 Views)