LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Taking out the last array

hi everyone,

I am trying to get  the reading from a laser displacement sensor every 100ms. the output from the sensor is scalar and i put append all the value into a single array. And I run this whole process twice and store the final array output into a file. The out array is actual two dimension. However, I only want the last dimention of the array since it covers the previous values. I do not know how to do it in labview. Can anyone help me with that.

For my lack of better wording. I attach the VI and the output format that I am getting. I also indicate the array that I want in the picture. Thanks again.

zhi

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,307 Views)
You use Index Array to peel off columns. In the case of wanting the last column, if you don't know how many columns, you do this:

However, that said, your VI seems to be missing a few things:
  • You have a fixed iteration count of 3.
  • You have no timing.
Also,
  • You do not need to use the Feedback node. Use autoindexing.

Message Edited by smercurio_fc on 06-02-2008 05:26 PM
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,301 Views)
thanks for your help, it helps.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,297 Views)
I have no idea why you would even create a 2D array, since you get one scalar value per iteration. All you need is a single loop and the 1D array coming out is the collection of all readings.

Message Edited by altenbach on 06-02-2008 10:55 PM
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,265 Views)

@altenbach wrote:
I have no idea why you would even create a 2D array, ...

I was also wondering the same thing, but I assumed the VI wasn't completed, hence my hint to the poster about some things "missing" from the VI.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,247 Views)