LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tag configuration Editor

Solved!
Go to solution

Tag configuration editor is mentioned in documentations, but where it is located in software ? What are the sequence of operation to open it? Does it come with new name? What are the installations required other than LabVIEW and DSC. Some where it is mentioned that it is available at tools-dsc-tce but it is not the case. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(1,073 Views)

See if this helps.  [I learned how to "sleuth the Web" from my wife.]

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(1,036 Views)

In the LabVIEW Project (.lvproj), right-click on a Library (.lvlib) that contains Shared Variables >> Select "Multiple Variable Editor".

multiple_var_editor.png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(1,028 Views)

This document also mention it, but where is this tag configuration Editor (TCE)?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(965 Views)

Does Multiple variable editor allow copying to excel sheet? Is it the same as TCE?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(963 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author AK2013

I suspect you are looking at some pretty old DSC documentation.  I believe that the LabVIEW 7 to LabVIEW 8 transition reworked significant portions of the DSC module.  The Tag Configuration Editor you are referring to is likely the old version of the Multiple Variable Editor referenced in the previous reply.

The "Import Variables", "Export Variables" options on the context menu screenshot will allow for a spreadsheet editor to update your shared variable variable libraries.

Message 6 of 6
(938 Views)