LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table problem ?

Hello,

why doesn't this table add data one after another rather than refreshing only the same line ?

Message Edited by ugman on 01-11-2007 11:27 AM

Message Edited by ugman on 01-11-2007 11:30 AM

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,393 Views)

Remove the shift register and replace it with an autoindexing output tunnel.

(Try to learn about the use of shift registers. Since you are not using the left shift output, your shift registers serve no purpose. Have a look at some of the examples that ship with LabVIEW. )

tst says: "To learn more about LabVIEW, I suggest you try searching this site and google for LabVIEW tutorials. Here, here, here, here and here are a few you can start with and here are some tutorial videos. You can also contact your local NI office and join one of their courses. In addition, I suggest you read the LabVIEW style guide and the LabVIEW user manual (Help>>Search the LabVIEW Bookshelf)." (©tst)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,371 Views)
Actually, Strike that previous answer.

Since you are using the express VI that makes a table, you need to append the individual tables in a shift register. SImply use "built array" set to concatenate and enable the table always using a diagram constant.

If you want to update the table during the run of the FOR loop, place its terminal inside the loop.

Many things in your VI don't make any sense. For example why do you control the number of loop iterations with a "dwell time" control?? Why is the built table enabled only once?

Message Edited by altenbach on 01-11-2007 11:54 AM

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,369 Views)
Sorry ......I am extremely new to Labview but many thanks for helping me get through this bump.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,356 Views)
Hello,

this is fine but I want the previous values to stay and not be overwritten everytime a new data value is written.
Eventually I would like to see many rows of data values.

Message Edited by ugman on 01-11-2007 02:35 PM

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,349 Views)