LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table control not responding properly...!!

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I have put a table control on the front panel of my application. The problem is whenever I load file containing some data onto it, the data gets overlapped with the one which was present in table control earlier. This problem stays with "reinitialize to default" invoke node as well.I have noticed that this problem persists in some PCs while on others it works well.Is there any permanent solution for this?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(2,684 Views)

Hi mnx,

- How do you "load data onto a tab control"? Usually you need some other indicators to display those data...

- Why is it a problem of the tab control, when some other indicator show "overlapping data"?

- What are "overlapping data"? Can you show pictures? Or the whole VI?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(2,680 Views)

Hi GerdW,

- I am actually using a property node "value" to route the data from input file to the table control.

- I'm first loading an input file onto the table.Once that is done, I am loading another data from some other input file onto the same table. But while doing this, both the files are getting overlapped on the table as shown in the attached image. This overlapping persists until I click on some cell of the table

.problem.JPG

- This problem doesnt occur in some of the PCs...while in others it persists.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(2,674 Views)

Sorry,

I mixed table control with tab control...

It seems to be some problem with either font settings (or UniCode problems) or it's the way you use that value property. Maybe a race condition?

Can you show your VI too?

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(2,670 Views)

Hi GerdW,

problem2.JPG

Hope this will give you some idea .The thing is it might not give you a problem coz it is PC dependent (i guess!).That sounds weird, but I have seen it to happen..

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(2,663 Views)

Even if I put just the "Reint to default" node, the data doesnt get cleared until I click on some cell of the table control.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,657 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author mnx

Hi mnx,

what happens when you write an empty array constant into a local of the table instead of "Reinit to default"?

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,643 Views)

Hi GerdW,

Its working..!!!!.Smiley Happy..But any idea why this happens???

ThanksSmiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,639 Views)

Hi mnx,

which data did you define as "default"?

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,624 Views)