cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tab control

Solved!
Go to solution

hi,
i have 2 vi's. In first vi i need to type login and password and after i press tab key button "Continue" will be enabled. In second vi i know how to programmable type login and password via vi server but i dont know how to press Tab Key. Someone have an idea? i am using LabView 2011.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(3,293 Views)

Hi Kamilnd,

are you talking about a "tab control" (LabVIEW front panel element) or just the "tab" key on the left side of the keyboard?

In second vi i know how to programmable type login and password via vi server but i dont know how to press Tab Key.

Why do you need to do this programmatically via VI server?

Can you share your two VIs?

What about using other methods of transferring data from one VI to another?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(3,273 Views)

I want just tab key from my keyboard. I can't share my vi's and i need to do this with vi server. I do key pressing with Input Device Control but this work on the vi's i have this code not on another.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(3,269 Views)

Hi Kamilnd,

after i press tab key button "Continue" will be enabled.

How do you do this?

Is the tab key set for "key navigation" of a specific button?

Are you analyzing a key press event?

I can't share my vi's and i need to do this with vi server.

You can strip all "confidential" parts from your VI and only leave the relevant code for that tab key handling! As long as you don't provide specific information on your VI it will be very hard to analyze your problems…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(3,262 Views)

I think you want to "remote control" one VI from another. Key focus does not work in that setup. Besides, key focus is completely unnecessary for remote control asa you directly access controls per name.

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(3,261 Views)

Yes, Norbert_B i do all actions by controls name. I think properties of button Enabled in on event Key Down? and it work on Tab Key, Enter, Escape. I don't write this vi i am just writing something like remote control.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(3,246 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kamilnd

Pressing a button to trigger value change events is the property Value (Signaling). You don't need to handle key down events unless the dialog has some really weird usability implementation.....

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(3,242 Views)

maybe can I somehow set key focus to a control?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(3,229 Views)

You can set key focus via property node on the control by using the control's reference.

Norbert
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(3,217 Views)

Key Focusing works. Pressing Tab Key works too, but only on my local computer, when i deploy this to my web server key press stops working...

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(3,198 Views)