From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tab control resizes unexpectedly

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I'm facing an unexpected issue that  I cannot solve.

In my project I have a tab control that fits the whole screen (it runs maximized). It contains two tabs.

Here is a screenshot of the top left corner:

LeftTopInitial.png

As you can see, the tab control fits nicely close to the edge of the screen.

At some point in the code, I resize the scale, max and min of a silver Gauge using the following:

scale.PNG

Here is a screenshot of the gauge:

Knob.png

When it is resized, the width/height of the tab control changes for an unknown reason. See below the same top left corner:

LeftTopAfter.png

As you can see it moved left, the word "Bluetooth" is gone!

Nothing else seems to have changed in the GUI.

I used the "Bounds" property node of the tab control and realized there was a change in width. There is also in change in the position of the tab control. However, bounds is read only and I cannot programmatically resize the tab control.

My questions would be:

1- why is the silver gauge modifying the whole frame?

2- More importantly: how can I prevent the gauge from changing the size of the tab control? Is there a way to lock all the dimensional properties of the tab control?

Thanks,

Alex

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,393 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author shinagan2

What I would find to be most unexpected is the Tab control behaving itself.  I would try turning off Auto Grow (right-click > Advanced) and see if that helps, or try using the System Tab instead and hoping for the best.

Message 2 of 3
(3,378 Views)

Yep that worked! Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,373 Views)