LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tab Controls - Adding a page programmatically?

It's probably not possible from what I've read on this forum, but I would really like to be able to add tabs
programmatically (v6.0.2). But, having just read that they are like enums and are read only (can't change
page names) it looks like this is going to be an unfulfilled desire.

Though what I want to do can probably be done easily enough using hidden tabs it's annoying to not be able
to control the order of the tabs nor the text. I don't want to have anything on the pages but just want
to have the tab control there for switching between what is displayed in another control.

Thanks,
Naveen
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,610 Views)
No, unfortunately, you cannot add pages programmatically to a tab control. The best you can do is add as many pages as you would ever possibly want at run time when you are building your tab control. Then use the visible property for the pages to determine how many are displayed at any time.

Matt Kisler
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
http://www.ni.com/ask
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,610 Views)
Fine, I can accept that, but it doesn't look like it's possible to change the label for those tabs, meaning
that I would have to know all the names of whatever I wanted when I'm building the application. This is
impossible to do for many applications of tabbed panels, so is there a way to change the page names?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,610 Views)
No, unfortunately you cannot do that either. I know the tab control is being improved for future versions of LabVIEW. For the meantime, if you need this functionality, you may look at making your own custom tab control. There are examples on our website of tab controls that people developed prior to LV 6.0.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,610 Views)