From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tab Control Question

Dear Sir

If I have a control in the front panel of one page in tab control and I want to add the same control in another page in tab control to use it. How can I do that ??

I'm waiting your reply

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 18
(2,829 Views)
Do you want there to be two identical controls or one control visible on both pages?
-Matt Bradley

************ kudos always appreciated, but only when deserved **************************

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 18
(2,821 Views)
Yse I want there to be two identical controls so when I change one control in one page, the second control changes with the same values in the second page
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 18
(2,817 Views)

Then you are probably going to want a loop with an event structure.

One event would be: Changed Value on control 1.  When that happens, you need to also change the value of control 2 (to the same number).

Second event would be: Changed Value on control 2.  When that happens, change control 1 also.

There are  a variety of ways of changing the value of a control (the easiest, but least elegant is to use a local variable) -- the important thing is the event structure.

-Matt Bradley

************ kudos always appreciated, but only when deserved **************************

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 18
(2,813 Views)

If you want a control to appear on ALL pages of the tab control, move it in front of the tab control rather than placing it in the control.  To do this, place the control on the panel outside the tab control and select it.  Then move it over the tab control by using the arrow keys.  The control will be visible regardless of the tab page selected.  If you drag the control or click and drop it on the tab, it will only be on the one page which was showing when the control was placed.

If you have five tab pages and only want the control to appear on two or three of them, then you need multiple controls.

Lynn 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 18
(2,810 Views)

Dear Sir

Thanks for replying, but I can't do it, could you attach an example it will help me more

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 18
(2,801 Views)

johnsold wrote:

If you want a control to appear on ALL pages of the tab control, move it in front of the tab control rather than placing it in the control.  To do this, place the control on the panel outside the tab control and select it.  Then move it over the tab control by using the arrow keys.  The control will be visible regardless of the tab page selected.  If you drag the control or click and drop it on the tab, it will only be on the one page which was showing when the control was placed.

If you have five tab pages and only want the control to appear on two or three of them, then you need multiple controls.

Lynn 

Instead of multiple controls, you could also make the control invisible when a tab is selected where you don't need it.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 18
(2,800 Views)
Could you please attach an example to help me more?
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 18
(2,778 Views)
What version of LabVIEW are you using?
-Matt Bradley

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 18
(2,770 Views)
labview 8.6
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 18
(2,765 Views)