LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tab Control Focus

I have a tab controls with two tabs.  I put a lot of indicators under each tab.  During run time, the indicators will get updated, and the user can select which tab he wants to view.  I only want the user to change the tab order.  It seems like when the user is on the 1st tab and the indicators on the 2nd tabs are being updated by the program, the problem will switch the tab control to the 2nd tab.  Is there a way to disable that?  

------------------------------------------------------------------

Kudos and Accepted as Solution are welcome!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,814 Views)

You'll have to show us a VI.  I have never seen the tab switch from one page to another unless either the user clicked on a new tab, or the program programmatically changed the tab.  Generally for me, the tab control is never read from or written to inside the VI, it is just used as a mechanism to separate and organize different parts of the program.  Updating an indicator on a non-shown tab should not be causing that tab to be switched to.

How do you want the user to change the tab order?  Do you mean that you want to swap the locations of the tabs so that page 2 moves to the left ahead of page 1?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,809 Views)

Are you setting the Key Focus of a control perhaps?

Message 3 of 7
(2,794 Views)

Maybe I was seeing thing.  Let me test it a bit more and get back to you guys.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,770 Views)

depending on slelection of tab it should be disabled

u mean to say

r what post ur vi

AB
Kudos are Accepted
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,755 Views)

@vara prasad wrote:

depending on slelection of tab it should be disabled

u mean to say

r what post ur vi

Please translate this to English.

Message 6 of 7
(2,746 Views)

I can't repeat the problem.  Maybe it was a false fail on my part.  I will post on this thread again if I see the problem again.  Thanks1

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,717 Views)