LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TPS2024 interface with labview using serial port

Hi all,

I have got one oscilloscope (make Tektronix, Model TPS2024) which I am trying to interface with Labview. I have downloaded the drivers from NI site. Tried to run the example program but in "VISA resource name" option it shows GPIB::1::INSTR only whereas my scope has got only one serial port (no USB or GPIB).

I tried rewriting it as ASRL1::INSTR and then set the parameters accordingly,but it doesn't work.

The scope is detectable in Openchoice software provided by Tektronix and captures only one period of waveform. Afterwards it hangs.

Anyone please suggest some way to make it work. I don't know what am I missing.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,382 Views)

Hi,

did you creat and test your VISA Resource in Measurement & Automation Explorer (MAX)?

Right-click on the resource control or constant and select I/O Name Filtering. Ensure nothing is selected that would cause you not to see your resource.

I/O Name Filtering -> Include this aliases -> All defined aliases for all resource classes

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,377 Views)

"Hi,

did you creat and test your VISA Resource in Measurement & Automation Explorer (MAX)?

Right-click on the resource control or constant and select I/O Name Filtering. Ensure nothing is selected that would cause you not to see your resource.

I/O Name Filtering -> Include this aliases -> All defined aliases for all resource classes"

Hi,,Thanks for your reply.

No I didn't create the VISA resource in MAX as it should be created by default.

I tried implementing it but couldn't find the I/O name filtering option in MAX.Smiley Tongue

In VISA option find the options as shown in screen attached.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,347 Views)