cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TPC - MatchRegExpEfficient is a missing VI or C file

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I'm creating quite an involved system which includes a touch panel (2106T). I need 2 .exes for displaying. One for a PC and one for the touch panel. Code would be exactly the same. So after developing the software for the PC, I moved a duplicate VI over to the Touch panel device. Tried to build it and got the build error "MatchRegExpEfficient is a missing VI or C file". What does this refer to?

The display software for the touch panel is not complex. It uses a state diagram and TCP VIs along with some basic string palette VIs and Array palette VIs. The only front panel objects are a table, a string control, a numeric control, an LED indicator and a button. 

I am using Labview 2010 and the Touch Panel module 2010.

Thanks in advance,

Jevon

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,213 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author JChec

Jevon:

Can you post a screen shot of the error?

It sounds like there's a ghost dependency issue of some sort. You might try deleting the "match regular expression" functions, saving, closing, reopening, and adding those functions back into your VI.

Caleb Harris

National Instruments | Mechanical Engineer | http://www.ni.com/support
Message 2 of 5
(2,200 Views)

Thanks for the response Caleb,

I have deleted the function match regular expression from the string palette. When I went to add the function back in though, I've noticed it doesn't exist in the string palette menu for Touch Panels.

I'll have to find a work around and will post back when my application builds.

Thanks,

Jevon

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,193 Views)

The work around was quite simple. It does build. So its just the case that the Touch panel doesn't support all the VIs from the string palette.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,192 Views)

Heh. Funny thing that, I'd never actually noticed those weren't supported. I guess I've never needed those functions on a touch panel before.

Between the "additional string functions" palette and the "search and replace string" functions, it sounds like you were able to get a good workaround in place. Let me know if you still have issues with that workaround. Robot Happy

Caleb Harris

National Instruments | Mechanical Engineer | http://www.ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,182 Views)