From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TDS3054 VISA HTTP

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I am trying to talk to s TDS3054 scope via ethernet and VISA.  TCPIP is configured correctly and the scope shows up in the browser.

However, when using MAX I see it and bring up the VISA panel and it will respond to sets and gets but when I try to do a Basic I/O read

I get an error BFFFF0015 and the message:

505 HTTP Version not supported.

Expected HTTP/1.1, received 0;DESE

Also, all of the NI example vi's get the same error.

Any clues?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,137 Views)

LanlLabRat:

Let me ask a few questions for clarification.

1. It sounds like the problem is created when trying to perform something similar to Figure 6 of this tutorial:
http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/3971. Is that correct? Or are you using a program other than
LabVIEW or other method to do your "basic i/o"?

2. Can you tell me what operating system you are using, version of VISA, and version of LabVIEW (if
applicable)? You can find your VISA version in MAX by expanding the "My System" tab, the expanding
the "Software" tab, and locating the numbers after "NI-VISA." For example, my version is 5.0.3.

3. If you are using LabVIEW, can you execute a VISA Find Resource.vi with an indicator wired to it to see if
LabVIEW can recognize your device?

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks!

Tori W.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,122 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author LanlLabRat

Hi Tori,

I solved it.  The device when set up in MAX had been assigned to use Raw sockets, not the VX-11 protocol.  After deleting the network device in MAX and re-adding it it gave me the choice to use X-11 and bingo it worked!

Thanks,

Marc

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,113 Views)