From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TDMS open stopped working in compiled application Error -2519

Solved!
Go to solution

I've suddenly started having trouble with applications that have been working for years.

The problem is that I can no longer open TDMS files in a compiled application.

"TDMS open.vi" gives error -2519 when I run it in a compiled application on my PC, but runs fine when I run it in the LabVIEW IDE.

To make things more interesting, it still works on a fleet of PCs not connected to the internet.

All PCs are Windows 7. The PCs that are network connected just received a bunch of Microsoft security updates and can no longer open TDMS files without error. The PCs not internet connected received no updates and can still open TDMS files without error.

Is anyone else experiencing this kind of error?

I've written a very simple VI to verify the behaviour...

TDMS read snippet.png

The first part just proves that the file actually exists and can be accessed by LabVIEW. The second part demonstrates the problem. The third part never works, TDMS advanced open doesn't seem to work at all. I don't know if it did before.

result.png

You can see that it works in the IDE (upper) but not in the (lower) compiled application. (Ignore the last error.)

I've included the test vi and a tiny TDMS file for testing.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Has Microsoft blocked some functionality or is there some invalid security certificate type thing happening?

I'm stuck.

LabVIEW 2015 32bit

tdms.dll version 15.0.0.49152

Troy - CLD "If a hammer is the only tool you have, everything starts to look like a nail." ~ Maslow/Kaplan - Law of the instrument
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,273 Views)

tried it .. in dev environment and as .exe

on windows10 with labview 2016

couldn't reproduce your error (the middle one)

If Tetris has taught me anything, it's errors pile up and accomplishments disappear.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,225 Views)
−2519 LabVIEW could not load the TDMS file component. The component is expected in the National Instruments\shared\TDMS directory. You might need to reinstall LabVIEW to fix this problem.

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361N-01/lverror/storage_error_codes/

also search the forum for the error number and have a look for other ppls solutions.

perhaps someone knows details of the build process or the execution process,

as to decide if it is a failed build or a wrong runtime environment.

regards

If Tetris has taught me anything, it's errors pile up and accomplishments disappear.
Message 3 of 5
(3,219 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author TroyK

Yeah I'd suggest a reinstall of the TDMS components on those machines.  It might be easier to just reinstall all the 2015 runtime engine and components.  Maybe an update screwed up the binaries those functions rely on somehow.

Message 4 of 5
(3,210 Views)

Thank you both for your time in trying it out and your replies.

@jwscs Maybe Windows 10 / LabVIEW 2016 have different updates / components that don't conflict?

It also seems that LabVIEW 2016 has a slightly more helpful error message than 2015.

@Hooovahh I reinstalled LabVIEW 2015 from the disc and the problem disappeared.

I'd love to know what exactly broke though.Smiley Frustrated

Troy - CLD "If a hammer is the only tool you have, everything starts to look like a nail." ~ Maslow/Kaplan - Law of the instrument
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,190 Views)