LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TDM Excel Add-In Installer

I'm trying to use the new NI Package Builder to make a single installer for deployment to my runtime only machines. One of the components I need to install is the TDM Excel Add-In, its download page only has version 18.0. Version 18.0 uses the old style installer system and isn't recognized by the new NI Package Builder. So, I've ben manually installing it after my runtime deployment. Once it's installed the NI Package Manager recognizes it and allows me to upgrade it to version 19.0.

Is there a place to download version 19.0 of the TDM Excel Add-In directly so I can add it to my runtime deployment?

—Ben
Prevent your computer from sleeping programmatically!
Use Power Requests
Download from GitHub

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,673 Views)

I haven't used Package Builder, so I don't know if this can be manipulated into a form that's useful to you, but you can get the NIPKG feeds that contain a package using 

nipkg.exe list-source-feeds <packagename>

and get the name of a relevant package with

nipkg.exe list-installed *nameWithMatchPattern*

So doing that, on my system with 2017, 19 and 20 installed, I get the following:

nipkg list-installed *tdm*
ni-rtdm-17.0.0-realtime-bin     17.0.0.49152-0+f0       windows_x64     NI Real-Time Device Manager for LabVIEW Real-Time
ni-tdms-2018-realtime-bin       18.0.0.49152-0+f0       windows_x64     NI TDM Streaming provides functions to read and write waveforms and waveform properties to binary measurement files (.tdms).
ni-tdms-2019-realtime-bin       19.0.0.49152-0+f0       windows_all     NI TDM Streaming provides functions to read and write waveforms and waveform properties to binary measurement files (.tdms).
ni-rtdm-19.0.0-realtime-bin     19.0.0.49152-0+f0       windows_all     NI Real-Time Device Manager for LabVIEW Real-Time
ni-tdms 19.0.0.49152-0+f0       windows_all     NI TDM Streaming provides functions to read and write waveforms and waveform properties to binary measurement files (.tdms).
ni-tdms-2017-realtime-bin       17.0.1.49152-0+f0       windows_all     NI TDM Streaming provides functions to read and write waveforms and waveform properties to binary measurement files (.tdms).
ni-cvi-tdms     19.0.0.49152-0+f0       windows_all     The LabWindows/CVI TDM Streaming Library Runtime contains functions that you can use to log large amounts of test data quickly.
ni-tdm-excel-addin      19.0.0.49152-0+f0       windows_all     Extends the capabilities of Microsoft Excel by adding the ability to load TDM or TDMS files written with NI hardware and application software.

nipkg.exe list-source-feeds ni-tdm-excel-addin
ni-daqmx-20-0-released  https://download.ni.com/support/nipkg/products/ni-d/ni-daqmx/20.0/released
ni-labview-2019-core-x86-en--released   https://download.ni.com/support/nipkg/products/ni-l/ni-labview-2019-x86/19.1/released
ni-labview-2020-core-x86-en-2020-released       https://download.ni.com/support/nipkg/products/ni-l/ni-labview-2020-x86/20.0/released

nipkg install ni-tdm-excel-addin
ni-tdm-excel-addin is already installed. No operation will be performed.

The nipkg.exe is at C:\Program Files\National Instruments\NI Package Manager.

It might be that there is some method to add feeds to Package Builder (using the names from `list-source-feeds`) and then specify packages directly?

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,630 Views)

I discovered that you can choose NI products that you have installed locally in NI Package Builder even if you don't have the installer. So, in NI Package Builder I just chose the TDM Excel Add-in and rebuilt the installer that has all my required packages. 

—Ben
Prevent your computer from sleeping programmatically!
Use Power Requests
Download from GitHub

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,589 Views)