LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controlling 3-Phase Inverter w/ PWM Using USB-6218 and Labview

I'm currently trying to control a TECO 3-phase inverter that is controlled via sine wave PWM (see manual below) by using a LabVIEW code controlling my USB-6218 DAQ. I believe my hardware connections to be correct (digital output on DAQ going to forward run command on inverter, analog output on DAQ going to VIN frequency command on inverter, plus all necessary grounding), so what I really need is guidance on how to program LabVIEW to generate PWM. The manual says frequency control is 0-180Hz and the VIN frequency command input accepts 0-10V, which I have programmed my simulate signal module to, yet it doesn't run anything when I try running the program. No errors, just nothing happening (no power actually being produced from the inverter).

Anything would help! Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,736 Views)

Hi tckinnard,

no manual, no code, no wiring scheme, no attachments at all…

What kind of help do you expect?

AFAIK (from using simple Siemens inverters) you need to wire the DO and AO correctly to the inverter. Sometimes you also need to connect an additional wire at the inverter to define the default rotation direction. And almost always you need to parameterize the inverter for the actual attached motor and required speed range…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,725 Views)

The attachments I had originally must not have posted when I hit send... here are the inverter manual and current VI I'm working on.

Thanks in advance.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,714 Views)

Hi tckinnard,

did you follow the connection diagram on page 4-2?

How did you wire the Forward/Reverse Run/Stop inputs? Do you notice you have to connect them to the "24VG" output of the inverter?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,708 Views)