LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TCP acknowledgement problem

I have a TCP server and client communication project in which PC with labview application is the client. I am not getting acknowledgement from the  labview application. I want to check acknowledgement for reliable communication. Please suggest any methods ???

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,060 Views)

We need to see your VI first. What have you done so far?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,013 Views)

What acknowledgement do you want to see? If you are referring to the actual TCP ACK you will not be able to see these. Those are handled at the stack level. Any other type of acknowledgement you would see would be part of the actual protocol itself.  For example, the FTP protocol will always send a response to a command. This would be your acknowledgement. If you are not getting any errors on your TCP Open, Read or Write you should be fine. If you have no errors and things are not working it is most likely your implementation of whatever protocol you are using.

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,999 Views)

I am not getting any errors on my TCP Open, Read or Write functions. My labview application is hosted on cloud. microcontroler device is sending TCP packets to labview application hosted on cloud and in labview application i am reading TCP data and  writing to the database.  Previously labview application was acknowledging upon data receival to the microcontroller unit. But now it's not acknowledging the data receival.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,980 Views)

What acknowledgement do you want to see? If you are referring to the actual TCP ACK you will not be able to see these. Those are handled at the stack level. Any other type of acknowledgement you would see would be part of the actual protocol itself.  For example, the FTP protocol will always send a response to a command. This would be your acknowledgement. If you are not getting any errors on your TCP Open, Read or Write you should be fine. If you have no errors and things are not working it is most likely your implementation of whatever protocol you are using.

Mark Yedinak

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
LabVIEW_Champion_Logo_Small-2.JPGLabVIEW_Certified_Architect_Small.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 I am not getting any errors on my TCP Open, Read or Write functions. My labview application is hosted on cloud. microcontroler device is sending TCP packets to labview application hosted on cloud and in labview application i am reading TCP data and  writing to the database.  Previously labview application was acknowledging upon data receival to the microcontroller unit. But now it's not acknowledging the data receival.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,978 Views)

You did not answer my question. What ACK are you looking for? Can you post your code so we can see what you are doing? What ports are you using? Have you verified that there are no firewall issues which maybe blocking your communication?

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,886 Views)