LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TCP Read doesn't work sometimes

Solved!
Go to solution
Hi Everyone, I have a problem where my build .exe doesn't work on some computers but works fine on others. it uses a tcp connection to grab data off a custom server program which packages bluetooth data. The program build works fine on my development computer as well as another desktop, but on a 3rd computer the code simply doesn't read the data from the server. I've disabled windows firewall but i have no idea what else to try - anyone have this problem before?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,453 Views)

It's not always just Windows Firewall.  Is this a company computer?  I've had similar situations and it all came down to IS being weird with their security.  I'd go talk with them.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,448 Views)
Thanks for the response, I figured out the issue. apparently i needed to build an installer to get the executable to work. It worked fine by its self on our developers computers but on a computer with only the runtime engine installed it did not. presumably the installer fills in the missing functions. i've also noticed that some property nodes work correctly in development, but not in the executable. after the installer was run those nodes now function correctly. interesting lesson learned.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,433 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Moogie

That tells me there was a driver you did not install on the other computer.  LabVIEW 2013 tries to automatically figure out what drivers you need when you configure an installer.  This issue does not sound like it had anything to do with the TCP/IP.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 4 of 4
(2,423 Views)