LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SystemExec.vi runs sluggish minimized. 30 sec vs 5 sec for same USB operation.

I am programming Microchip PICs with a Promate 3, through the USB, using SystemExec.vi. When I run with the window minimized, the operation takes ~30 seconds. When the window is left maximized, the operation takes ~5 seconds. Has anyone run into this, what is going on and is there another option to leaving the SystemExec window on top of my LV front panel?
Message 1 of 5
(2,740 Views)
Hi,

You may try this:Showing the Running Code When Using System Exec

Another thing you can try, without any guarantee is to use the system exec of the WIN32 API utility VIs you can download here:
Windows API Function Utilities (32-bit) for LabVIEW

Hope this helps,
Cyril Bouton
Active LabVIEW Developper
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,714 Views)
Hi Cyril,
I tried your suggestion, but no change. The problem appears to be when the window focus is not on the SystemExec window, USB communications bog down. The programming progression bar on the PM3 hesitates repeatedly. I tried RS-232 control of the PM3 programmer, parts programmed in ~5 sec with SystemExec.vi window min or max. Unfortunately, I won't have an open RS-232 port or PCI slot in the final application.

I'll take a look at the Windows API Function.

Thanks,
Darell
Message 3 of 5
(2,696 Views)
Hi guys,

As an alternative to using the command line and system exec, you should be able to get the serial protocol specification document from Microchip for the PM3. I went through this process with the ProMate II a year or two ago. Eventually we developed a complete set of drivers - effectively a LabView version MPLAB. I'm not sure if it'll work seamlessly with the PM3, but I'd be happy to post it if you are interested.

Kind regards,

Paul
Landis+Gyr South Africa
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,614 Views)

hi Paul:

could u post your labview matlab ? thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,462 Views)