LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System.windows.Controls Spellchecker class

Hi,

I'm new to LabVIEW and trying to explore few .net function's and I tried using System.Windows.Controls(Presentation.dll) spellcheck on a Richtextbox, But doing so my application crashes when I launch a RichTextBox control, So I tried using TextBoxBase but I get this error.

Excpetion : Invoke Node Error calling method System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.TextBoxBase.AppendText, (System.ArgumentNullException: Key cannot be null.
Parameter name: key) <append><b>System.ArgumentNullException</b> in SpellCheck.vi 

Can someone let me know how I can perform spell check using 

Namespace:   System.Windows.Controls
Assembly:  PresentationFramework (in PresentationFramework.dll)

Thanks,

Mounica Lekkala

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,150 Views)

I think you picked a bad one to get started. It's not going to be easy.

Most (not if they're static) .net objects need to be created. So you need to either create a control on your front panel, or use a constructor to get an object. The TextBox has a problem that the thread needs special privileges. Not sure how to resolve that. TextBoxBase does doesn't have a valid constructor. Also not sure how to resolve that.

Pick your battles. If you don't require this, try something else. This one's for experts. Even if someone post a working example, you won't learn a thing.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,120 Views)