LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subpanel in TestStand LabVIEW Simple OI not working

I am using the TestStand 2014 provided LabVIEW Simple Operator Interface, and I put a subpanel that will display the front panel of a "Gauges" VI.
This Gauges VI is updated periodically (as new values come in from the DAQ) from the TestStand Model.

If I run the Top-Level.vi From the llb, it works perfectly. But if I run the Top-Level.vi from the 'Build Script' project, it does not. The subpanel will setup properly, as I can see the initial Gauges VI front panel, but TestStand seems to be updating a different copy of the VI, as the subpanel doesn't change.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,593 Views)

Hi, 

How are you calling the VI on TestStand?

So, when you run only the VI it works just fine. The issue appears when you call the VI from TestStand. Have you tried to make an statement step and link it with the output of the VI just to see if the last value is updated?

Regards. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,515 Views)

Yes, the VI is being written to (A table of values is being updated) periodically (few times a second) with fresh data, from an execution that was launched from the TestStand model.

At first I thought they were running in different enviroments (Run-time vs development), so I tried forcing both into the development enviroment, but that did not fix the problem. I even printed the enviroment and VI path on the VI front panel to confirm that both (subpanel and actual VI FP) were the same.

It seems like a project does some kind of sneaky copying of VI's that I don't really understand.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,494 Views)